When it comes to exercise keep these tips in mind:
- Set up a game plan with your coach to make exercise a priority in your life.
- Try a bunch of different exercises and pick the ones that work best for you, whether that be weight training, yoga, walking, etc.
- Switch it up! Don’t get stuck in a rut with your workout, have fun with exploring new things.
- Making exercising a social event. Instead of going to happy hour or to a movie suggest going on a scenic walk or kickboxing class with your friends.
- Make your commutes into exercise by walking. Make sure to switch up the routines to see new things and keep you interested.
When you have ADHD it is especially important to have exercise be part of your life. Remember that exercise boots brain function and releases endorphins, which give you the feeling of well-being.
What exercises have you found to be the best for you? How have you seen your performance at work or school change in relation to you activity level? Please share your experience in the comments. Or join the discussion on Facebook.